Chairman and CEO
As CEO, founder and Chairman of the Board of Information Experts, Marissa Levin leads the effort to define and shape the organization’s values, mission, vision, growth strategy, brand, and corporate culture. Information Experts started as a one-woman operation in Marissa’s spare bedroom in 1995. Through her leadership the firm has grown into an award winning, full service, SBA 8(m) certified small business. Information Experts helps companies and agencies align their business and human capital strategies through compelling, integrated communications and educational programs.
Marissa led the organization’s entry into the federal market through the capture of multiple General Services Administration schedules, the award of highly competitive Office of Personnel Management Training Management human capital and training contracts, and many others―achieving a sizeable presence in 18 agencies spanning all facets of government. Through her knowledge of organizational development, integrated communications, and other areas critical to organizational success, Marissa has become known throughout the national business community as a leader and visionary.
Marissa’s awards include:
- A 2009 and 2010 SmartCEO Smart 100 participant by SmartCEO Magazine, which recognizes the top 100 Chief Executive Officers in the region
- A 2008 BRAVA Award winner, which honors the region’s 25 most influential women Chief Executive Officers
- One of Washington’s Top 100 Technology Titans for 2009 by Washingtonian Magazine
- A finalist for the 2002 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- A finalist for the 2004 Women in Technology Entrepreneur Leadership Award
- A finalist for the national Stevie Awards in three categories: Best Entrepreneur – Service Businesses, Employer of the Year, and Women Helping Women
- One of greater Washington’s “Women Who Mean Business” by the Washington Business Journal, which honors the region’s “most influential and powerful” women executives
- A nominee for the Women President’s Organization (WPEO) Outstanding Women’s Business Advocate Award
Under Marissa’s leadership, Information Experts was named as a small business success story for United States Agency for International Development. Information Experts has won more than 70 awards for creativity and leadership and was named as a 2010 SmartCEO GovStar winner. Information Experts was named to the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies for 2009 and 2010.