Information Experts is seeking a Couresware Developer I to support our work with the U.S. Army Training & Doctrine Command. In this role, the Courseware Developer will develop interactive courseware using commercial off the shelf and/or custom created software tools including the structure of user computer interfaces and the implementation of graphic, animation, text and audio files.
This position is located in Jacksonville, FL
The candidate must undergo and successfully pass a preliminary background check and/or security investigation before beginning work in this position.
- Uses MS PowerPoint to develop storyboards.
- Uses custom authoring systems to create interactive multimedia instruction materials from storyboards.
- Assembles text, graphics and other onscreen elements to create clear and concise onscreen presentations of information in accordance with the prescribed guidance for the specific project.
- Prepares courseware products for delivery by compiling/packaging/exporting the content into the final delivery format.
- Works as part of the courseware development team by assisting the instructional designer, by providing information on the capabilities of the authoring system and reviewing storyboards for potential implementation challenges.
- Chooses and implements transition effects, simple graphics, and custom buttons to make the products more compelling and effective.
- Must be capable of safely handling government furnished equipment and materials.
- Basic programming skills in Windows environment and familiarity with Java Script and HTML required.
- Excellent written English language skills to prepare text for lessons.
- Ability to analyze and interpret instructions and standards.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish tasks.
- Previous U.S. Army trainer experience a plus.
- Must be capable of occasional effort outside of "normal" working hours due to unusual contract requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements
- College degree in a computer-related field, or a high school education and at least one year experience with a commercial off-the-shelf authoring program or other computer-based training development experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic file formats.
Information Experts is an award-winning communications firm specializing in results-focused, strategic communications consulting. Information Experts has become successful through a unique yet pragmatic sensibility we call integrated communications. Integrated communications represents not only our complementary suite of consulting, content, marketing, and training services, but also our fundamental mission to help corporations find and communicate their authentic voice to customers, partners, employees, and the media.
Please submit your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Experts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.